Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Just a quickie mind

I haven't blogged for 5 days. Not through choice mind you; I just have not been able to get around to it. A brief run down of the goings on from this end:

Friday was a stressful day one way or another. The insurance/police are still messing us about big time and that is wearing us both down. The I had a fight with E over some BS on the phone and it put me in a foul mood for the rest of the afternoon. He comes home, apologizes and offers to go out to eat. I get to choose, so I chose Red Lobster (of course). WE WERE supposed to go grocery shopping afterwards, but as usual, that didn't happen.

Saturday, E goes into work to try and salvage some overtime. Things are really tight with just the one wage coming in, so he is doing what he can to get us through. We hit Walmart on the weekend before Christmas and it is totally NUTSO in there! Jeeze Louise! But at least we have some food to keep us going for a while!

Sunday, we go look at our patch of dirt. It's had the footings laid and foundation slab has been poured (at last). The sales guy R said that they should start framing this week! Woo hoo! We also went to Target and got some stuff for E's kids for Christmas. It's so hard to buy for two kids you hardly know or spend any real time with to know what they might like. We didn't get everything we wanted and still need a couple of bits.

Sunday evening, we too a drive to the Gaylord Texan Hotel to check out their lights and decorations. C loved them and I took some nice pics for the scrapbook! I may post a couple here when I get them uploaded and edited etc.

Monday, I have a bad day with my pain control. It seems nothing is working on me at the moment and I don't seem to be making any headway. My mid back area, lower back, upper back, shoulders and neck are aching like crazy. We went to see my Dr again and he agreed that things have tightened up and there are a LOT of muscle spasms going on the entire length of my spine. He gives me a nerve modulator which is also used as an anti-depressant. I always said I wasn't going near those things again, but right now, I am so desperate to get back to some kind of normalcy, I am willing to try anything. He also said I should up my Ibuprofen to 600mgs three times a day and he is going to get the name of a good psysiotherapist for me to go see.

After E chasing round and round the houses, he finally gets some answers from HER insurance company. After all the BS saying "we're not sure if we can pay out on this as we haven't established liability and the police report was incorrect", we finally got some answers!! THEY estimate the damage at $2500 which I say is total BS! The car isn't drivable and feels very unsafe. The back end loses control over the slightest bump or dip in the road and it's pulling all over the place. I knew this was going to happen and it really isn't helping matters! The next step is to wait for their estimate to come through and then take it to get it repaired. What a joke. At least we get to take it where WE want to. Hopefully, they will just tell the insurance it is a write off. I don't want the car anymore after what happened. I can't even LOOK at it without freaking out, let alone drive the thing!

This morning I awake feeling like my legs have turned to jello and feel very jittery. I didn't like the new pills the Dr gave me, but I don't know what else to do. I want my life back and this may be the only way forward. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home