Saturday, January 07, 2006

What a pain in the....belly, neck, back, shoulders...

I got some Halloween scrapbooking done on Thursday. I did 4 pages and tested out my new sewing machine thingy. It's quite good for $20, but if I want to do some zig-zag, I will need to invest in a proper machine!

I made the decision to stop taking the narcotic pain killer Darvocet as I was still feeling sick after a week of being back on it. I spoke to the pharmacy and they said I could take Excedrin (a bit stronger than British Anadin Extra are) with the Ibuprofen and Robaxin (muscle relaxer). He did advise me that it might "tear up my stomach" if I took them all at the same time, so maybe take the Ibuprofen at a different time. I figured that as I normally take them together for my migraines, I would be ok, so ignored the advice. Remind me to do EXACTLY what the pharmacist tells me to in future please? I woke up at 2am with stomach ache and could not get back to sleep again. I finally got out of bed at 0330 and came out into the den. I drank a glass of milk thinking it might help ease me but it didn't. I was starting to get a headache which I knew would go migraine on me if not treated in time. What to do? Hmmm. I waited until 0600 and then had a bowl of oatmeal to line my stomach some more. I took my Excedrin and muscle relaxer at 0630 and then the Ibuprofen and hour later. ALL day, I had tummy pain and felt dog-rough. I took another dose 4hrs later, but left the Ibuprofen until 2hrs after and again, I had tummy ache. I made the choice to forgo ALL meds until my tummy felt better. Well that was this morning.

This morning I woke up in agony. I hadn't realized how much the pain meds were actually numbing the pain. Without anything in my system for 15hours, my lower back, neck and shoulders were very tight and very painful. I felt about 90yrs old! I ate some oatmeal and took just the Ibuprofen and muscle relaxer. *touch wood*, I have had no tummy pain today so will lay off the Excedrin unless I get a headache and will take those separately from the other stuff.

We went to the club again today and saw D the barber. He handed me a card from one of my clients that had been left for me. It had $20 inside it woo hoooo!! That was nice of him.

We went by the house to see what had been done there too. You can check that out by clicking the house link over there - - - - >.

We found out that the Sebring has been officially "totaled". The estimate actually turned into $6,021. We went over there and cleared out the rest of our stuff. That is probably the last time we will be seeing the car. *sniff*

Anyway, I am going to go watch some soaps and mess with my phone some more (oh yeah, T-Mobile changed the caller id round for us) Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home