Thursday, April 20, 2006

Fukt off

I am so angry right now, I could hit something, or someone....

E is really pissing me off at the moment and is making nasty comments about me trying to find a job and get back to work. My work is really limited now because of my back and neck pain which are not easing off any. That rules out the mundane, cheap labor jobs like waitressing or shop work as it means being on my feet the whole time. I "may" have found a place that will be needing a reliable receptionist soon. It's actually at the salon I get my hair done at, so I will already know a fair amount of people already. I was STUPID enough to mention it to him y'day and now he won't stop bugging the crap out of me about updating & sending my resume over there (little does he know, I updated it ALREADY in preparation to send over there, but I can't be arsed to even tell him after his attitude on the phone with me). Even suggested I send it to him at work so he could mail it out today. Jeeze, get off my damn back: it hurts enough as it is without you hanging off it. I have very low self esteem right now and despite him agreeing to letting me do the Pampered Chef stuff for three months to see how it went, he has even shot that down in flames making what little confidence I had in myself go up in smoke with the idea. To say I am angry and frustrated with my husband right now is an understatement. I paid the electricity and the directv bills yesterday, but that seems to have gone un-noticed and all he is bitching about is not being able to pay the mortgage. HELLO! The mortgage is LESS than our rent was and I have just taken care of two bills for him, so two less for him to worry about. Ok, I am done ranting about him now. *sniff*

I have put up the photos of what I have done so far to the INSIDE of the house. You can check out the new and improved link over there- - - - > Oh yeah, I got yelled at for doing that too as apparently, it should not be on my priorities list.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Husbands can certainly be jerks sometimes. Hopefully he'll lay off of you.

BTW, the house is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE all the furniture in the pictures. And you have such an eye for beautiful accessories. I'm jealous! :o) Maybe you should come up to McKinney and do a little work on my house? LOL Oh, and I just ADORE the comforter and curtains in the bedroom. Just fantastic.

20 April, 2006 13:08  
Blogger DenimRose said...

Thanks for your support hun. I feel a bit isolated over here!

Glad you like the house and the new goodies we have bought so far! I'd love to help you shop for stuff for your place, that would be fun - right up my street! The comforter is a Chris Madden (sp) set from Penney's. It ws a bit on the pricey side, but I HAD to have it! And of course, the valence to match and then some pretty voiles! Hehehe.

20 April, 2006 14:38  
Blogger Laura said...

You're a Brit in the USA? I'm an American in the UK. I came from the great State of Georgia, and now living for the past three years in Kent, The Garden of England.

I just got my ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain). So glad to not having immigration hanging over my head anymore. I can go for dual, but haven't decided to. The legal-residency I have may be my last stop.

Cheers.

p.s. I know how you feel about isolation.

21 April, 2006 02:48  
Blogger Mo said...

You got that comforter at JC Penneys?? Holy crap! Course, JC Penneys has really made a turn around in the last few years. I adore their clothes especially because I'm not a twig who can wear anything. Some of their shoes are just adorable too.

I've been looking for a new bed set to go along with the light blue paint in my bedroom so I may have to check out their selection.

You should also take some pics of the living room. You got new furniture there too, right?

About being isolated, I felt the same way when we moved here from Missouri. But I can tell you, taking some college courses really helped. You can take some just for fun and maybe you'll meet some new people!

21 April, 2006 07:30  
Blogger DenimRose said...

Alice: Yes, moved here in Sept 04. When I lived in London, I was in SE, so not too far from border with Kent. It's a nicer part of the country than London, that's for sure!

Mo: Yep, it was a Penney's comforter set alright! If you read this post, it has all of the links to get better pics of the stuff:

http://denimrosedesigns.blogspot.com/2006/03/hi-hoooooooo.html

The living room stuff hasn't arrived yet. We just have new lamps in there so far, so I will hang on until the couche and recliner arrive, and possibly the end tables (which haven't been chosen at this point) LOL

21 April, 2006 07:46  
Blogger Mo said...

Those sheets were a bit pricey weren't they? Course I am a total sheet snob. Nothing under 600 TC. But you can sometimes find 600 TC (full sheet, flat and fitted) for $30.00 at Linens n Things. I LOVE that store. And I definitely love a good set of sheets. Totally worth the money.

21 April, 2006 14:03  
Blogger DenimRose said...

Yeah they were, but they feel devine. The UK aren't all that fussed about having high TC sheets, so this made a pleasant change!

21 April, 2006 14:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home