Friday, March 17, 2006

Home, sweet, home!

FINALLY managed to get a net connection! *sigh*

Move went VERY smoothly. The Firehouse Movers took a TOTAL of 4 hours to move our overt stuffed 2 bedroom apartment 45miles away and unload it all. They were VERY professional, polite and I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone needing an affordable move!

Satellite went in on Tuesday as did the phone. The phoneline went in but was not working until Weds due to the fact that "someone" working further down the street had cut through the cabel and screwed up the line. We have had to have a temporary line put in that is running across the back yard and under the fence. Nice.

Our box spring and mattress came in good time although the mattress had some bad black marks on it. They assured me we could use this one until Thursday when they could get a new one out to us. Thursday rolls around and we wait and wait and wait. I caled them at lunchtime to see what was happening and it wasn't on their delivery schedule! *sigh* The manager offered to deliver it today for me and is refunding the $60 delivery fee. Hey, that works for me! LOL

Yesterday, C and I did the walk to the school. We took a leisurely stroll over there and it took 9mins. Not bad, not bad. Her first class is at 0740 on Monday and she comes out at 1430. What a difference from her old school!

We ordered our mini blinds from Lowe's at last and they should be here in 2 wks. I have put up the voile panel and the valence in our room and it looks fab even if I DO say so myself! Pictures to follow once we have the bedroom furniture delivered and put up!

I have settled on the personal injury payout at last. We did fight the amount the originally offered and it was increased. I was getting tired of fighting with them and I think they pray on that factor too. I'm just glad that we will have the check soon and we can move on from it. I'm still taking the meds for the pain and trying to do my exercises and live as normal a life as possible. Unpacking has hindered that somewhat but I will get into my regimine soon, I promise!

Anyway, gonna get off of here now as it may die on me at any moment. Just wanted to let y'all know I was ok and I will get on when I can. TTFN

BTW, Happy St Patrick's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home