Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Insurance Madness

***Start rant***

It seems to me, that her insurance company have to be one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with (in regards to any matter, not just insurance). Having had no luck in getting any kind of returned phone calls from them, let alone answers, hubs decided it was time to call in the big guys. He left voicemail for the adjustor's supervisor. We shall name him Mr S. Mr S returned said voicemail and stated quite matter-of-factly that they were taking my car away from Service King for further investigation and assessment. I guess they didn't believe Service King when they told them the car was a total loss.

Now bear in mind, the car has been sitting at SK for TWO weeks now and was totaled the day after it was taken in. The insurance company have been fully aware of this and have done NOTHING in regards to settling the claim. All the while, they are racking up $25 a day in storage fees.

I called SK. They knew nothing of them taking my car and said they would not release it to them without my permission.

I then get a call from a towing company. I explain to her that they in no way have permission to take my car unless a settlement has been reached!

We figured that with the low mileage the car had on it and the condition it was in pre-crash, we would be hard pushed to find another one for under $10,000. So, subtract the $2500 they have already given us, and a check for $7,500 would work, (maybe).

This company have done nothing but nit-pick the whole time and you would think that considering the accident occurred on Dec 03 2005, and that their insured was 100% at fault and admitted such, that something would have been finalized by now. To say that I am angry is a little short of an understatement! We are without my car and without a check to replace it!

***End of rant***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home