Thursday, October 20, 2005

Thank F***!!!

Hubs has been hired as a permanant employee. That means paid vacations, medical benefits (with NO contributions deducted, just 10% of whatever is used), bonuses and finally some respect around the place! I am so pissed with his supervisor for being such an a-hole over the whole deal. Why didn't he just say that they were going to hire him instead of messing with his head?! Makes me so mad!

Hubs and I went to Saltgrass to celebrate his victory! ;-)

Hubs has hurt his back somehow at work and has been dosed up with pain killers the past two days. Any chance of a "pouncing" seems unlikely now. Dammit! :-( Mind you, we were both so exhausted last night, we both fell asleep on the couch huddled under the blankie watching Footballers' Wives. It wasn't even 2100hrs! LOL *shakes head in shame*

Had a busy-ish day yesterday with 3 clients. One of them has booked in to have a pedicure next month as well as a manicure. He's a clean kind of old man, so hopefully no icky stuff under his toenails (are ya shuddering yet Kel?) It's all extra money for the house fund at the end of the day, so I should grin and bear it! Today was quiet - not one single client. *sniff*

Picked up C's "ruby slippers" today from Target on I-30. I finally found somewhere that had her size and it happened to be on my way home.

Filled up with gas tonight. Went to our usual guy and realized just as I was about to start pumping it, that he was $2.65. Uh uh, I'd already seen it down the street for $2.49. BIG difference!! I then saw him changing the price on the sign and asked him how much it was going to be....$2.59. LOSER. I told him "Dude you lost a sale! Why should I pay $2.59 when I can get it down the street for $2.49?!" Well I got C from daycare and paid $2.47 in the end. I was filling up from an almost empty tank, so he lost out on a healthy transaction because of greed.

Anyhoo, better get some dinner going for the munchkin and I (E is at his new class tonight in Ft Worth). C has some "do" on that she is in at her school and we have to be there at 1845hrs. Bye y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home