Thursday, September 29, 2005

Cool man!

Bored rigid all day today. Cross-stitched until 3pm and then played Super Mario until 3.15pm when I FINALLY got a client. Bloody typical as I am getting ready to pack up to go home. She paid cash and tipped me $5, so I shouldn't moan. More for E's b'day present fund! LOL

The thunderstorm last night cooled it from 102F/38.9C to a cool 73F/22.8C. What a difference! I could drive home with the roof off and NOT get fried like an egg!

We saw gas had risen to $2.99 at our local gas stations and I decided I would fill up near to work as it was $2.79 yesterday. When we got nearer to E's work, the greedy bar steward had upped it to $3.32!!! By the time I got to work, the two gas stations who duel it out on opposite sides of the street were both $2.89. STILL cheaper than at home or Grand Prairie. I should have filled up this morning cause when I came out at 4pm, they were BOTH reading $3.19. *sigh* We decided to hold out on the low fuel light for a while longer and see if we could find somewhere on SH360 that was cheaper. Diamond Shamrock won that battle at $2.99! When I went to get C from daycare, I went by our regular guy on the way back and he was still at $2.69 *doh* Oh well, ya live n learn right?

Watched Absolutely Fabulous, Survivor, The Apprentice and ER (some live, some off Tivo). All round a good evening's viewing. I have a stake on Marcus to win The Apprentice at work. He wasn't my choice by a long shot, but it was luck (or unluck) of the draw!

E's still sick and kept me awake most of last night coughing and spluttering all over me. I know some folk enjoy that kind of crap and pay good money for that kind of treatment, but not his chickaroo. Tonight he sneezed all over my foot. EEEEWWWWW. I wish he would get better soon - he's wearing me out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home