Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Big Update!

Ok, so I am back by popular demand. No, I'm being forced to blog by someone....and you KNOW who you are...LOL

Lots and lots of stuff has happened since I last blogged and I haven't really had too much chance to catch my breath, let alone blog hop or write my own journal. So if I have been away and distant, this is why.

The puppy has been keeping me real busy. It's like having a baby that can run and has very sharp teeth! Her eating habits have gotten better, but she is showing signs of a grazer as opposed a two meals a day kind of dog. Kind of frustrating to be honest as I would prefer her to just eat the two meals and be done with it! She's really starting to fill out now and her face muscles are coming in which is nice. Her ears don't look too big for her now and she has grown into them LOL She has piled on some weight too. At last weigh-in, she tipped the scales at 17.8lbs. That was on Sunday and she is now 18 weeks!

The cats still hate their new housemate and see her as the enemy within as opposed to a new friend. *sigh*

I have been doing some contract web and graphic design work which is keeping me ticking over too. It comes along in dribs and drabs, and the money is nice when it does, but I never plan on it as it's not a reliable source of income.

Fathers' Day was nice. We went to the outlaws with the pup and all three kiddoes in tow. My outlaws had AJ and UD over with their two dogs, so with my MIL's two, there were 5 furry beasts running riot! I had to make another one of THOSE yummy cheesecakes which won me a lot of Brownie points from all corners, so that was good.

TSS has turned to women now. We had our suspicions for a while now, as she has been spending rather a lot of time in the company of one woman in particular and it finally came out. No surprise there as ever since her and E split, she started stating she was Bi. Oh well, each to their own I guess.

The step kiddoes have been stressing me out quite a bit of late, to the point where I am on the brink of tears. They have no respect for me and no respect for our house. They have little respect for E either which I find very saddening. TSS doesn't give a flying crap about them or their behavior when they are here and we are fighting a losing battle with table manners and general attitudes in general. I feel like packing my bags and buggering off for the weekend when they are here, it can be that bad. *sniff*

We had our 2nd wedding anniversary two weeks ago. We went to my fav restaurant - Red Lobster and of course I had my usual coconut shrimp bites, loaded baked potato and garden salad with 1000 island! LOL We were both too skint to buy each other presents, so agreed to postpone the present side and just get cards for now. I was kind of upset about it, but didn't have any choice as the house has to come first.

And my biggest news: I GOT A JOB! It's for a small insurance agency. I am working with one agent and will eventually be trained up to get my license and own client list. It's not what I want to do honestly, and I am going to enroll in night school to get a degree in what I REALLY want to do. It will take me about 3 yrs to do, but will be worth it for the degree and also the dream career. NO, I am not going to tell you what it is at this point in the proceedings, you will just have to wait!!!

I have to go to see Immigration tomorrow to get a notice of action to show residency for the reduced rate of classes at college which is a pain. Maybe they can give me an update as to our pending status. It's sooooo frustrating. You know the Homeland Security are dragging their heels when a form is introduced before you're fully immigrated and you need one for college! "We don't care if you started the process before this form existed. We don't care that you have a work permit, SSN, Drivers' License, Credit cards, bank account, pay taxes and social security or OWN A FRICKING HOUSE IN THE COUNTY, you NEED an I797C!" Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh.

Ok, I have some stuff to be getting on with so am signing off for now. TTFN

3 Comments:

Blogger DenimRose said...

Well it's gotten bigger, so wouldn't be too hard to find!

11 July, 2006 14:13  
Blogger Mo said...

Join the club! LOL

11 July, 2006 15:21  
Blogger DenimRose said...

ytirThanks for stopping by Marina! :)

19 July, 2006 09:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home