Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Frustrated

I feel frustrated with my life right now. We come home, we eat dinner and E falls asleep on the couch before 2100hrs almost every night. He works most Sundays and our quality time together is minimal. I want my husband back dammit!

Boring day at work today. NO clients. I painted my nails a dark, frosted charcoal grey. I then painted glittery silver cobwebs on them for Halloween. They look pretty cool even if I do say so myself LOL

Dinner was really yummy tonight. I had bought a packet of lemon pepper shrimp and E cooked it up with some spaghetti and peas/sweetcorn in herb butter. I could have eaten more of it, but it was quite pricey and for what we got for our money, it didn't stretch very far! Was a nice change from ground beef or chicken breasts though. Now what's for dinner tomorrow? I have ground beef or chicken breasts! LOL

Gonna see if I can rouse hubs to come to the bedroom for some rude things (don't hold your breath though guys - he's still asleep on the couch!). Maybe tomorrow my life will be more exciting. Bye y'all!!

2 Comments:

Blogger LDR said...

Time to institute the "in the shower in the morning quickies", the surprise "leap in your lap" move before dinner and of course the ever popular "I am for dessert" move. You and E need a minibreak with no kids included. Send the kids to friends' for the night, get takeout and wine & dine each other...

As for the dinner... try this with Chicken... low fat, healthy, good and easy to make...

1 1/4 lb Chicken breast, boneless
1tb Olive or cooking oil(olive's better)
Medium onion chopped
2 Cloves garlic, minced
2 1/4cFat-free chicken broth
1c Uncooked long grain rice
1t Dried oregano, crushed
1/2ts Paprika
1/4ts Salt
1/4ts Pepper
1/8 ts Ground saffron or turmeric
1 can(14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes
Med. sweet red pepper
3/4c Frozen peas
Remove skin from chicken breast. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into bite-sized strips. In a 10 inch skillet cook
chicken strips, HALF at a time, in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or till
no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook till tender but not brown. Remove skillet from heat. Add broth, uncooked rice, oregano,paprika, salt, pepper and saffron or turmeric. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat.Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes. Coarsely chop stewed tomatoes and add with their juice to the pan. Add sweet red pepper which has been cut into strips and frozen peas. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes more or until rice is tender. Stir in cooked chicken. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or till heated through.
Makes 6 main-dish servings.

26 October, 2005 23:16  
Blogger DenimRose said...

Yeah, we're planning on a kid free weekend the weekend after TG. It's his birthday on the Monday, so I thought he could unwrap his present whilst we're away (his present being me scanitly clad in the new lingerie I just bought woo hoo)

Recipe noted. Thanks hun.

27 October, 2005 16:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home